The Governing Council of Havilla University in Nde-Ikom, Cross River, is seeking applications from distinguished scholars who hold the rank of Professor and possess extensive experience in university teaching, research, and administration. The position being offered is that of Vice-Chancellor. The Vice-Chancellor is the academic head and CEO of the university, responsible for leading, managing, and developing the institution, as well as spearheading the realization of its vision and mission.
• Minimum Qualification: MPhil / PhD
• Experience Level: Executive level
• Experience Length: 15 years
• Must hold relevant postgraduate qualifications that include a doctoral qualification or equivalent, must be of a professorial rank for at least 10 years, and must have served in a University or Institution of similar status for a minimum of 15 years.
• The Candidate should be of impeccable integrity and a good manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the Candidate shall be expected to:
• Be a highly distinguished Scholar of the rank of Professor of not less than 5 years experience as a professor and not less than 50 years of age;
• Have had a wide administrative and managerial experience and be capable of giving dynamic leadership to the University;
• Be one with high scholastic and academic credentials who must have outstanding accomplishments in academic and public life.
• Have a subsisting teaching and research position in a university;
• Command both national and international respect;
• Be a person who will not foster any personal, racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interests;
• Exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract funds and endowment and to mobilize other resources for the development of the University;
• Be free from any form of financial encumbrances;
• Be of good physical and mental health.
Salary and Fringe Benefits:
• Salary and Condition of Service attached to the position are attractive.
Term of Appointment:
• The full-time Appointment shall be for 5 years and subject to performance appraisal.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should submit 15 copies of his/her application accompanied by 15 copies of the applicant’s most recent Curriculum Vitae which shall contain the following;
• Full names
• Date and place of Birth
• Local Government and State of Origin
• Permanent Home Address
• Contact Address with email address and telephone number(s)
• Marital status
• Number and ages of children (as applicable)
• Academic qualifications (degrees with classes and copies of credentials to be enclosed)
• Teaching, research, administrative and managerial experience
• Membership in academic and professional bodies
• 15 copies of the applicant’s statement of Mission and Vision for the University.
• All candidates must supply in their applications, the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three (3) referees who should be able to attest to the candidate’s academic and managerial abilities as well as their moral character and uprightness. The candidates should request their referees to send their referee reports directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council, Havilla University within three weeks from the date of this publication.
• All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked at the upper left-hand corner “Post of Vice-Chancellor, Havilla University Nde – Ikom, Cross River State, Nigeria not later than three (3) weeks from the date of this publication.
All applications not received by 2.00 pm on the last day (Thursday 8th February 2024 shall be declared void).