Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » News » Court Sets February 27 for Arraignment of Obanikoro’s Son and Others in Alleged N1.3bn Fraud Case

Court Sets February 27 for Arraignment of Obanikoro’s Son and Others in Alleged N1.3bn Fraud Case

January 27, 2025
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read

Justice Ambrose Lewis-Allagoa of the Federal High Court, Lagos, has fixed February 27 for the arraignment of Gbolahan Obanikoro, son of former Minister of State for Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, for alleged N1.3 billion fraud.

The Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun, had listed Obanikoro and four others for arraignment for alleged conspiracy, obtaining by false pretenses and fraud.

The other defendants are Adejare Adegbenro, Balmoral International Limited; M.O.B. Integrated Limited; and DDSS International Company Limited.

The arraignment originally scheduled for last Friday could not proceed as the defendants failed to appear in court

The police Special Fraud Unit (PSFU) in Ikoyi, Lagos, alleged that the defendants conspired between May and September 2013 to defraud Access Bank Plc (formerly Diamond Bank) of N1,356,057,330.43.

In the charge sheet, the prosecution alleged that the defendants presented themselves to bank officials, claimed they were engaged in the business of importing cars from Dubai for sale in Nigeria.

RELATED NEWS

Why Does Britain Have the Most Expensive Energy in the World?

Osun poll: Defeated Oyebamiji raises alarm over fresh attacks, urges Adeleke to call supporters to order

Police reveal new tricks of traffic robbers in Abuja

UK, Australia, Canada Slam Israel For Dropping Gaza Aid Killings Probe

They purportedly secured the funds by presenting this false narrative, with promises of using the money to finance the importation of brand-new vehicles for resale.

Beyond securing the funds under false pretenses.

At the hearing on Friday, prosecutor M.Y. Bello expressed readiness to proceed with the arraignment but sought a new date due to the absence of the defendants.

Counsel for the fourth defendant, Joshua Abel, told the court that most of the directors of companies were out of the country.

He said only the companies named in the charge had been served with the charge sheet and assured Justice Lewis-Allagoa that all defendants would be present at the next sitting.

The judge adjourned the matter to February 27 with clear instructions for all defendants to appear in court and take their pleas.

Next Post

Top Stocks to Watch This Week: SCOA, Chellaram, UPDC, Guinness, and More

Woman Arrested for Allegedly Killing Her Co-Wife in Kogi

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.