Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » News » FBI official resigns after threatening to ‘dig in’ against Trump admin

FBI official resigns after threatening to ‘dig in’ against Trump admin

March 5, 2025
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read

James Dennehy, the head of the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s field office in New York, was forced to resign on Monday after encouraging staff members to “dig in” against President Donald Trump’s administration.

In a Monday email obtained by CNN, Dennehy told his staff, “Late Friday, I was informed that I needed to put my retirement papers in today, which I just did. I was not given a reason for this decision.”

Two sources familiar with the situation told NBC News that Denney was given the opportunity on Friday to resign or be fired by the Trump administration.

According to The Daily Wire, Dennehy has served as the head of the FBI’s field office in New York since September. After the Department of Justice requested the FBI identify the agents involved in the controversial January 6 cases and the Trump administration removed certain officials from their positions at the agency last month, Dennehy encouraged staff members at his field office to “dig in” against the administration.

READ MORE: ‘We will hunt you down’: Trump’s FBI director warns anyone who harms Americans

Dennehy told his FBI staff members, “Today, we find ourselves in the middle of a battle of our own, as good people are being walked out of the F.B.I. and others are being targeted because they did their jobs in accordance with the law and F.B.I. policy.”

RELATED NEWS

#OsunElection: We’re studying results to know next line of action —Osun APC

Enugu Lawmaker Urges Voters To Replicate Osun Feat In 2027

The Supply Blockchain of Trust (By Viv Muthan Pr Eng)

Beyond AMBO: APC, Oyinlola, Akpabio and other political casualties of Osun 2026

The Daily Wire reported that Dennehy also said it was “time for me to dig in” following the removal of eight FBI leaders over their involvement in various investigations into the 47th president.

According to CNN, Dennehy told his former staff members in his email on Monday, “I have an immense feeling of pride — to have represented an office of professionals who will always do the right thing for the right reasons; who will always seek the truth while upholding the rule of law.”

“I’ve been told many times in my life, ‘When you find yourself in a hole, sometimes it’s best to quit digging.’ Screw that,” Dennehy added. “I will never stop defending this joint. I’ll just do it willingly and proudly from outside the wire.”

Source: American Military News

Tags: World
Next Post

Bill to allow polytechnics award degrees passes second reading at house of reps

Man receives heat after saying he needs a wife because he has no idea what to eat to break his fast

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.