Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » News » Court Postpones Ganduje Trial To October 14

Court Postpones Ganduje Trial To October 14

June 25, 2026
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read

[mc4wp_form id=33047]

The Kano State High Court has adjourned the trial of former Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, and seven other defendants until October 14, 2026.

Ganduje is standing trial alongside his wife, Hafsat Umar, and six others on an 11-count charge bordering on alleged bribery, conspiracy, misappropriation and diversion of public funds running into billions of naira.

Other defendants in the case are Abubakar Bawuro, Abdullahi Umar, Jibrilla Muhammad, Lamash Properties Limited, Safari Textiles Limited and Lasage General Enterprises Limited.

At Wednesday’s proceedings, prosecuting counsel, Victor Oni, informed the court that the state was ready to proceed with the matter.

RELATED NEWS

BREAKING: EFCC Withdraws Cybercrime Charges Against Maryam Shehu, Abdulhamad Over Alleged Attacks On Agency

Paramilitary Recruitment Exercise Will End In Four Weeks, Says CDCFIB

Western Cape Freight Operators Invited to Take Advantage of Free Road Transport Management System (RTMS) Digital Toolkit Pilot

China’s Arctic Shipping Route Could Reshape Global Trade

He, however, sought the court’s permission to withdraw an earlier motion dated March 31, 2026, and replace it with a fresh application dated May 15, 2026. The new motion was filed in response to a preliminary objection and an application for stay of proceedings brought by the sixth defendant.

Counsel to Ganduje, his wife and son, Lydia Oluwakemi-Oyewo, told the court that the defence had no objection to the prosecution’s request.

Lawyers representing the third, fifth, seventh and eighth defendants also indicated their readiness to proceed with the hearing.

However, counsel to the sixth defendant, Abubakar Ahmad, informed the court that he had already filed a preliminary objection, counter-affidavit and written address, and requested a date for the hearing of the application.

Following submissions by counsel, Justice Amina Adamu-Aliyu struck out the prosecution’s earlier motion dated March 31, 2026, and adjourned the case until October 14 for the hearing of the sixth defendant’s preliminary objection.

The trial centres on allegations of financial misconduct involving billions of naira during Ganduje’s tenure as governor of Kano State.

(The Whistler)

Next Post

PDP crisis lingers as two factions mobilise parallel candidates for 2027 polls

Troost-Ekong reveals Nwabali's mistake that cost him Super Eagles shirt under Chelle

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.