The Government of Cross River State has unveiled five activities to mark the 63rd independence anniversary of Nigeria.
The five activities, according to a press statement from Hon. Erasmus Ekpang, Commissioner for Information on Thursday (Sept. 28) span from Friday, September 29 to Monday, October 2, 2023, and will be held in Calabar, the state capital.
The statement said the activities approved by Governor Bassey Otu, include:
Friday, September 29, 2023
• Muslim Ju‘mat Service at the Nigerian Navy Barracks Mosque, IBB Way, Calabar at 2:00 pm
Sunday, October 1, 2023
• Interdenominational Christian Church Service at Presbyterian Church of Nigeria, Hope Waddel Parish, Calabar by 10.00 am
Monday, October 2, 2023
• Ceremonial Parade by the Nigeria Police Force, Cross River State Command and Other Para Military
• Organisations at the Main Bowl, U.J. Esuene Stadium, Calabar by 10:00 am
• Cutting of the 63rd Independence Anniversary Cake by His Excellency, the Governor of Cross River State.
“Accordingly, His Excellency, the Governor of Cross River State is inviting the Deputy Governor, Speaker and Members of the Cross River State House of Assembly, the State Chief Judge, Members of the State Executive Council, Secretary to the State Government, Chief of Staff, the Head of Service, Service Commanders, Members of the Diplomatic Corps, Permanent Secretaries, Captains of Industries, Leaders of Political Parties, all Political Appointees, Religious Leaders, our Revered Traditional Rulers, Senior Civil Servants from Level 12 and above, Members of the Press and the General Public, to attend this historic event of the 63rd Independence Anniversary in our dear Country,” the statement added.