Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » News » 200 firefighters battle major Paris inferno

200 firefighters battle major Paris inferno

April 8, 2025
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read

A major fire broke out in Paris on Monday close to a new court complex designed by Renzo Piano, sending smoke across the city and prompting authorities to urge the public to stay away from the zone.

A thick black cloud could be seen across the French capital as firefighters battled the blaze that ripped through one of the city’s biggest recycling plants.

Around 60 fire trucks and 200 firefighters were at the scene, the fire brigade said, adding that there were no victims.

Flames lit up the night sky and authorities closed part of the main ring road around Paris to allow access to the burning building for fire-fighting vehicles.

“The building is completely gutted and destroyed,” Geoffrey Boulard, mayor for the affected 17th arrondissement, told BFM television, but all staff inside had been evacuated.

“Fire fighters arrived very quickly, but the fire happened underground and then spread through the building,” Boulard said.Geoffrey Boulard, mayor for the affected 17th arrondissement, told BFM television

RELATED NEWS

Portugal bans face covering in public

FIFA Bans Argentina Players, Slams Heavy Fine Over W/Cup Final Fight

Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) Critical Minerals & Industrialisation Forum’s Digital Webinar Series Kicks Off on 23 September

Dollar Sinks As Investors Flock To Gold, Crypto After Scott Bessent’s Treasury Buyback

The fire at the Syctom recycling plant was right next to Paris’s main court complex, whose centrepiece is a glass skyscraper designed by Italian architect Piano and inaugurated in 2018.

The plant, which started operations in 2019, was designed to handle household waste for nearly a million Paris residents, according to city authorities.

“The most important thing tonight is that a disaster on this scale did not have any human damage,” the site’s president Corentin Duprey told BFM.

Geoffrey Boulard, mayor for the affected 17th arrondissement, told BFM televisionHe said 31 employees were present when the blaze started in a recycling zone in a basement “where there was the most combustible material”.

© 2025 AFP

© Japan Today

Tags: World
Next Post

Mexican drug cartels using drones to spy on US troops along the southern border

The exceptional example of Mohammed Abubakar Rimi, By Adebayo Bodunrin

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.