Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » News » Tyson Fury pissed, says fight with Anthony Joshua may not hold

Tyson Fury pissed, says fight with Anthony Joshua may not hold

August 22, 2026
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read

Tyson Fury has cast doubts over the much expected fight between himself and Anthony Joshua saying “doesn’t look like it’s going to happen”.

The champion in a social media outburst directed at his Joshua and promoter Eddie Hearn insinuated the pair were “money thirsty”.

The figtjers had been expected to meet in November in one of the biggest fights in British boxing history, but uncertainty over the venue has thrown the deal into fresh doubt, with Joshua’s camp having signed for the fight to be staged in the United Kingdom while Saudi organisers push for a move to the United States.

“Doesn’t look like they’re going to sign the fight and it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen, all because Eddie Hearn and that want more money,” Fury said in a series of Instagram posts, before branding Joshua and Hearn “disgusting” and “money-thirsty”.

“It is what it is. Same old cliche a decade later. Keep running you little cowards,” he added, going on to call Hearn a “bag carrier” and insisting Joshua had “never had the guts” to fight him.

Both boxers have separate contracts with Saudi-owned Sela, with New York’s Madison Square Garden said to be the organisers’ preferred venue so the fight, which will be broadcast on Netflix, can cater for American audiences.

RELATED NEWS

Tinubu Names Yari DG, Uzodimma Secretary Of 2027 Campaign Council

Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) Ebola outbreak spreading exponentially, United Nations (UN) responders warn

FG targets 10m women under SheIsIncluded economic initiative

Atiku hits back, says Tinubu has worsened Nigerians’ economic situation

Hearn has since confirmed sending Sela a list of proposed changes, chiefly around improved compensation for Joshua given the differing tax implications of fighting in America, alongside practical matters such as travel, accreditation and media arrangements.

“In layman’s terms, by staging the fight in America, Anthony Joshua receives less money than he would do if the fight was in the UK, where he was contractually agreed,” Hearn said, adding that Sela had yet to respond.

The saga has been further complicated by the emergence of Dana White’s Zuffa Boxing, jointly owned by Sela and TKO Group Holdings, with Hearn accusing the pair of convincing Saudi officials that the fight would have greater appeal in America.

Fury, however, said he would welcome White’s involvement on his side of the negotiations, insisting there remains strong support within British boxing for the fight to be staged in the United Kingdom.



(Ripples)

Next Post

EPL: Michael Owen snubs Man City, predicts teams to finish top 5, bottom 3

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.