Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » News » Boko Haram attacks Borno community, k!lls two soldiers and civilians

Boko Haram attacks Borno community, k!lls two soldiers and civilians

April 18, 2025
in News
Reading Time: 3 mins read

RELATED NEWS

EXCLUSIVE: Armed Police Officers, Court Bailiffs Storm NEPC Office In Edo, Seize Computers, Generator, Vehicle Over N10Million Debt

Ghana Court Remands Nigerian Accused Of Labone Bank Robbery Plot

Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment Calls for Binding Global Action on Drought and Increased Land Restoration Finance at United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) COP17

There’s Not A Single Bill In Congress To Outlaw Flock-Type Spying

Suspected Boko Haram insurgents have launched an attack on the recently resettled Yamtake community in the Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State, k!lling two soldiers and several civilians.

 

Security and local sources confirmed the attack, saying the assailants invaded the communities around 11:15pm on Thursday, April 17, 2025, the punch reported. 

 

One of the military sources said before a reinforcement team was sent from Gwoza, the damage had been done as the attackers stormed Yamtake military formation.

 

“We are waiting for the reinforcement team to return, but we learnt that two of our men and other civilians were affected. I advise we wait until they return,” he said. 

 

Meanwhile, Senator Ali Ndume, who confirmed the incident said he had been in touch with the people of Yamtake community. 

 

“It is unfortunate that our people in Yamtake village came under deadly Boko Haram invasion last night (Thursday). It’s one of the communities that received its IDPs recently, they were resettled by Borno State Government,” Ndume said.

 

“It is very sad that two soldiers paid the supreme price, while an unspecified number of innocent civilians were among the casualties. May their gentle souls rest in peace.

 

“But let me also commend Brig. Gen. Nasir Abdullahi, the Brigade Commander 26 Task Force and his gallant troops for their unwavering sacrifices and doggedness in repelling several attacks, especially those targeted at Gwoza town

 

“I was reliably informed that the attackers after wreaking havoc in Yamtake made an attempt to infiltrate Gwoza town, but the troops played a gallant role to repel the attack. On several occasions, troops lay ambush in and around Gwoza town which helped in preventing terrorists who are making all efforts to dislodge Gwoza people living in the Council Headquarters.

 

“In the past one month, several communities in Borno South, North and Central Senatorial Districts witnessed deadly Boko Haram attacks without confrontation. The situation is worrisome.

 

“Let me therefore use this opportunity to advocate for the setting up of Armed Community Defence to complement the efforts of the military. This is because men of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF), hunters and vigilantes have been doing their best, but they have limitations, as they only carry den guns, sticks which they found it very difficult to confront the terrorists.

 

“More so, I want to reiterate my calls on the Federal Government and the Nigerian Military to deploy Technology, Equipment, Arms and Ammunition, Motivation (TEAAM), which is the only way to end the over decade Boko Haram atrocities in Borno, North East and other parts of the country.”

Next Post

Atiku-led coalition against Tinubu a waste of time – Fayose

Police arrest three suspected IPOB members, recover N10 million – Official

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.