Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » News » Boko Haram: Information minister is naive of what is happening in the country – Zulum

Boko Haram: Information minister is naive of what is happening in the country – Zulum

April 12, 2025
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read

RELATED NEWS

Infantino Under Pressure As Wales FA Chief Demands Resignation

Dozens Of Towns Reject AI Cameras That Track Your Every Move

Khan Approves Oxford Street Live Facial Recognition

Regulatory uncertainty threatens investment in oil, gas sector – Osifo

Governor Babagana Umara Zulum of Borno State has responded to reports that Minister of Information, Mohammed Idris, allegedly dismissed his recent alarm over renewed Boko Haram attacks in the state, calling the minister “naive” about the reality on the ground.

 

Zulum had earlier raised concerns during a security meeting in Maiduguri, saying: “There is a resurgence of Boko Haram activities in Borno State, and there is a need for the Borno State government, the military, as well as paramilitary, to work together in order to avert the looming situation.”

 

His comments drew attention after a publication claimed that the Minister dismissed Zulum’s warning. However, a statement issued by the Minister’s media aide, Rabiu Ibrahim, denied the remarks attributed to Idris.

 

“At no time did the Minister say, ‘Ignore Zulum, Boko Haram is not taking over Borno.’ Such a headline is not only sensational but deliberately crafted as a deliberate act of misinformation to stoke public misunderstanding,” the statement read.

 

Speaking to journalists in reaction, Zulum said: “I don’t want to join issues with the Minister of Information. I believe he is naive of what is happening in the country; he doesn’t know what is ongoing in the country.”

 

He added that his administration’s concern was raised in good faith to draw urgent attention to growing insecurity in the region. “Our discussions during the Security Council meeting were not bad. We just raised an alarm… I think this is very good advice. Nothing has been said again,” he noted.

 

Zulum disclosed that he had already met with Nigeria’s top military leadership in Abuja to discuss the situation. “We met the service chief, especially the CDS, Chief of Army Staff, Naval Staff, as well as Air Staff. We received assurances from them that they will do everything possible to control the situation,” he said.

 

Reaffirming his administration’s determination, the governor declared: “Under my watch, Boko Haram will not have the capacity to do what they did before. We shall do everything possible to curtail them.”

 

 

 

Next Post

NDLEA destroys 1.6m kg of illicit drugs in Ogun

Emperor explores his symbolic role in trips to mourn war dead

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.