Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » News » BREAKING: Police Summon Newly Installed Lagos Monarch Over Alleged Threat To Life Amid Traditional Stool Dispute

BREAKING: Police Summon Newly Installed Lagos Monarch Over Alleged Threat To Life Amid Traditional Stool Dispute

August 22, 2026
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read

The Nigeria Police Force, Zone 2 Command, Onikan, Lagos, has summoned the newly installed Olu of Oko Baba Agba, Oba Kabir Adesegun Bashir Saliu, for questioning over allegations bordering on threat to life, use of armed men for intimidation and harassment.

SaharaReporters obtained a copy of the invitation letter issued by the Zonal Intelligence Department (ZID) of the Nigeria Police Force and dated August 20, 2026.

The invitation was addressed to Oba Kabir Adesegun Basir at his residence on Oloruntoyin Street, Oworoshoki, Lagos.

According to the letter, the monarch is expected to appear before the Assistant Inspector-General of Police or Assistant Commissioner of Police through the Investigating Police Officer at the ZID headquarters, Onikan, Lagos, on Friday, August 21, at 10:00am.

The police said the invitation was in connection with “a case of threat to life, use of armed men for intimidation and harassment” which it said was currently under investigation.

The letter, signed by ACP P. Amina Yakubu, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Zonal Intelligence Department, for the Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Zone 2 Headquarters, Onikan-Lagos, described the invitation as a fact-finding exercise.

RELATED NEWS

FBI Says Tinubu Records Could Endanger Lives, Expose Investigative Techniques

National Conference on Eritrean Agricultural Studies Concludes

Cancún, the city hotter than Lagos

BREAKING: Immigration Officer Dies After Rifle Accidentally Fires Into His Eye In Presence Of Wife, Children In Abuja

“Please, be informed that this is a fact-finding exercise in the interest of justice and fairness,” the police stated.

The police further said the request was “compelled by urgent law enforcement requirements as provided in Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015.”

The invitation comes amid an escalating dispute over the recognition and installation of Oba Kabir Saliu as the Olu of Oko Baba Agba by the Lagos State Government.

As previously reported, the Oloworo of Oworonshoki Kingdom, Oba Babatunde Saliu, had expressed opposition to the development and was reportedly considering legal action against the presentation of the Staff of Office to Oba Kabir Saliu.

A source within the Oloworo’s palace had told Kosofe Reporters that Oba Babatunde Saliu was displeased with the development, arguing that there was no recognised community known as Oko Baba Agba within or immediately adjoining the Oworonshoki Kingdom.

The source further said the Oloworo had instructed his lawyers to commence appropriate legal proceedings over the Lagos State Government’s recognition and installation of a monarch over the disputed community.

The controversy followed the presentation of the Staff of Office to Oba Kabir Bashir Adesegun Saliu by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu at a ceremony held at the Kosofe Local Government Secretariat.

The Lagos State Government described Oko Baba Agba as a community bordering Oworonshoki in Kosofe Local Government Area and formally recognised Oba Kabir Saliu as its traditional ruler.

The ceremony was attended by residents, family members, traditional rulers, community leaders and other dignitaries.

However, the Oloworo’s palace has disputed the status of the community and the circumstances surrounding the creation and recognition of the traditional stool.

The latest police invitation introduces a law enforcement dimension to the ongoing dispute, with the Zonal Intelligence Department now investigating allegations of threats to life, intimidation involving armed men and harassment.

The police invitation, however, did not disclose the identity of the complainant or provide details of the specific allegations against Oba Saliu.

(SaharaReporters)

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.