Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » News » Building Collapse Happened Outside Campus, No Student Affected- Fed Poly Oko

Building Collapse Happened Outside Campus, No Student Affected- Fed Poly Oko

July 28, 2026
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read

The Management of Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Anambra State, has dismissed reports claiming that a large number of its students were trapped in a building that collapsed on Sunday night, saying no student of the institution was affected.

In a statement on Monday, the Public Relations Officer of the institution, Dr. Oguegbu Udoka, said the collapsed building is not located within the premises of the Polytechnic but in Amaokpala, a neighbouring community to Oko town.

He explained that the structure, privately owned and known as the “5 Elite Storey Building” located beside Tonimas Filling Station, is occupied by both students and non-students. According to him, the two persons reportedly trapped in the rubble are not students of the Polytechnic.

“The attention of the Management of the Federal Polytechnic, Oko, has been drawn to various reports and narratives circulating on social media concerning the unfortunate collapse of a multi-storey building in Amaokpala, a neighbouring community to Oko town, Anambra State. For the avoidance of doubt, the Federal Polytechnic, Oko, wishes to state categorically that the collapsed building is not located within the premises of the Polytechnic,” the statement read.

Udoka said the incident occurred after students had completed their second-semester examinations, with a significant number of them already having vacated their hostels and travelled home for the short break.

He added that as of the time of filing the report, no student of the Federal Polytechnic, Oko, had been confirmed dead and no life had been lost in the incident.

RELATED NEWS

10 people killed, many injured as suspected herdsmen attack Benue communities

Obi Reveals Reason Behind Name Change From ‘Michael’ To ‘Mikel’

South Africa: Eastern Cape National Council of Provinces (NCOP) Delegation Leader Notes Concourt Ruling on Wildcoast Mining Ahead of Oversight Visit

Congress Has Already Waited A Year On The ASAP Act. Alzheimer’s Patients Can’t Wait Another.

The PRO said the Rector of the Polytechnic, Dr. Chioma Irene Awuzie, was at the scene as early as 6:36 a.m. on Monday alongside the President of the Students’ Union Government, Giant Comrade Anuluonye Ifechukwu Joseph, the Dean of Students’ Affairs, Comrade Chibuzo Asomugha, the Chief Security Officer, and other staff members to ascertain the extent of the incident and the welfare of students.

Also at the scene were the Anambra State Commissioner for Works, Architect Okey Ezeobi, and the Commissioner for Health, Dr. Afam Ben Obidike, to assess the situation and support rescue efforts.

“Information gathered as of the time of this report indicates that some occupants have already been rescued and are receiving medical attention at a nearby hospital for injuries reportedly described as not life-threatening. It is further understood that approximately two persons, who are reportedly not students of the Federal Polytechnic, Oko, may still be trapped, with rescue personnel continuing efforts to locate and rescue them,” he said.

While urging the public to disregard unverified reports and misleading narratives, the institution said it remains deeply concerned about the safety and welfare of students and would continue to monitor the situation.

The Polytechnic also commended emergency responders, government officials, local volunteers, and security personnel involved in the rescue operation, adding that further updates would be provided as credible information becomes available.

(The Whistler)

Next Post

Oshiomhole hits Peter Obi for criticizing Tinubu

LIVE STREAM: Chelsea vs WS Wanderers | Pre-Season Friendlies

LIVE STREAM: Chelsea vs WS Wanderers | Pre-Season Friendlies

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.