Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » News » Calm Restored in FCT Area Council Following Fatal Violent Clash

Calm Restored in FCT Area Council Following Fatal Violent Clash

February 1, 2025
in News
Reading Time: 1 min read

Normalcy has returned to Kuje Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) after a violent clash that claimed one life through suspected accidental discharge by police operatives on Friday.

Residents going about their businesses told journalists on Saturday the fight broke out at Tipper Garage area of Kuje after an argument between two men at about 7:00 p.m., on Friday.

One of the residents, Bulus Ayuba, said a police officer attached to the supermarket stepped in to resolve the issue when the argument became tense.

.He said: “When the crowd was much and the police officer became helpless, he attempted to shoot into the air to disperse the crowd.

“Unfortunately, somebody in the crowd touched the gun and that was how he missed it and shot someone in the head.”

Another eyewitness, Philip Adeyeye, said it took the intervention of the military and additional deployment of police operatives to bring the situation under control.

RELATED NEWS

Nigeria not at war, we can’t keep counting bodies, Peter Obi laments killings

After 18-Year Abandonment, FG Revives National Library Complex

WHO: Pandemic Determinations Can Be Made Without ‘Evidence of Illness’

APC Chieftain Vatsa backs Atiku, says 36 states governors, families are only beneficiaries of subsidy removal

The FCT Commissioner of Police, Mr. Olatunji Disu, said the command was aware of the incident.

He said the police officer involved in the matter had been detained, adding that an investigation into the incident had commenced.

Next Post

CNN to Reduce Traditional TV Staff, Atlanta Operations Expected to Gain

Bauchi Commissioner Confirms Child in His Custody Amid Ex-Wife's Abduction Allegations

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.