Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » Metro » Colorado mom sentenced to 40 years for strangling infant son, driving around with his body

Colorado mom sentenced to 40 years for strangling infant son, driving around with his body

September 1, 2024
in Metro
Reading Time: 2 mins read

A Colorado woman, Anna Englund, will spend the next several decades in prison after she pleaded guilty to killing her infant son and driving around with his body.

The Boulder County District Attorney’s Office announced Wednesday, 7th August, that Anna Englund entered the plea for second-degree murder and was subsequently sentenced to 40 years in the Colorado Department of Corrections.

According to the district attorney’s office, on 10th June 2023, the father of Englund’s 2-month-old child called the Boulder Police Department said he was “concerned for the mother’s mental health” and had been ever since she gave birth to their son, Miles.

The boy’s father said he “had been paying close attention to the mother and the baby.” On the day of the incident, the father went to the bathroom and Englund fled with Miles.

Englund reportedly drove to another location and strangled Miles to death. She drove around with the boy’s body “for several hours while law enforcement was frantically searching for them.”

Police said they located her driving toward Boulder Community Hospital at 10:20 pm, about six hours after she fled with her infant. Police made contact with her in the parking lot and rushed the boy into the emergency room. He was pronounced deceased at 10:48 pm.

RELATED NEWS

Court discharges Odama as prosecution withdraws defamation suit

Court further remands C’River businessman Denis Odama over alleged bullying of Governor Otu

Cross Riverian paralysed for 23 years appeals to Governor Otu, First Lady for help

Cross River Deputy Governor’s Convoy Involved in Road Accident in Ugep

District Attorney Michael Dougherty said in a news release, “This guilty plea and lengthy sentence is the right result in this very sad case.”

READ ALSO:

  • 22-year-old Mississippi woman Sierra Inscoe sentenced to 40 years for killing man she met online
  • Wife of NHL star Johnny Gaudreau killed by drunk driver releases heartbreaking message
  • Rep Shawn Thierry dumps Democrats for GOP, slams party’s new ideology
Tags: AmericasUnited States
Next Post

Open letter to Governor Otu on blatant desecration of Nigerian Chronicle

Cross River becomes model for monthly environmental sanitation

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.