Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » Lifestyle » Court Orders 65-Year-Old Man to be Held for Allegedly Assaulting 8-Year-Old Girl in Anambra

Court Orders 65-Year-Old Man to be Held for Allegedly Assaulting 8-Year-Old Girl in Anambra

February 13, 2025
in Lifestyle, News
Reading Time: 3 mins read

RELATED NEWS

Presidency, Opposition Court Adeleke After Osun Victory

Osun: Adeleke denies political agreement with Tinubu over 2027 support

ADC Congratulates Adeleke, Demands Explanation Over IReV Results Upload Halt

APC studies result, weighs legal options

Court remands 65-year-old man for allegedly r3ping 8-year-old girl in Anambra

The Children, S3xual and Gender-based Violence Offences Court in Awka, Anambra State, has remanded a 65-year-old man, Joseph Nwankwo, who allegedly r3ped an eight-year-old girl.

 

The defendant is facing a one-count charge of def!lement.

 

According to the Police Prosecutor, Insp. Chinyere Okechukwu, the accused, committed the offence on December 28, 2024 at Ekwulobia in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra.

 

The complainant, who is the mother of the eight-year-old girl said her daughter complained of waist pain. 

 

She checked and discovered that her daughter’s vaginal was swollen.

 

“After medical examination and enquiry at the General Hospital Ekwulobia, a medical practitioner confirm that the girl had been defiled.

 

“The eight-year-old however, opened up and said that the defendant have been having s3x with her,” she said.

 

Okechukwu said the offence contravened Section 130(2) (a) (b) of the Administration Criminal Justice Law 2022. She prayed the court to remand the suspect at a Correctional facility.

The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.

 

The Chief Magistrate, Mrs U.E. Onochie, ordered that the accused be remanded at the Awka Correctional facility pending advice by the Directorate of Public Prosecutions(DPP).

 

Onochie adjourned the case until March. 12, for report of compliance.

 

Next Post

Leaked Memo Exposes How Officers Misplaced Firearms During Fatal Ambush Under IGP Egbetokun's Command

Complete Power Supply Expected to Resume in Abuja and Surrounding Areas by February 23 — AEDC

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.