Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » News » Court Warns IGP in N400 Million Fraud Case Involving Andy Uba

Court Warns IGP in N400 Million Fraud Case Involving Andy Uba

January 23, 2025
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read

Justice Inyang Ekwo of the Federal High Court, Abuja, on Thursday, cautioned the Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun, in the charge filed against the former Senator representing Anambra South Senatorial District, Andy Uba, and two others over alleged N400 million fraud .

The judge gave the warming after the IGP’s lawyer, M.C. Anthony, relied on the court’s (Civil Procedure) Rules, 2019, in a motion ex-parte filed to seek an order for substituted service of the charge on Uba and his co-defendants.

When the matter was called, Anthony, who announced appearance for the prosecution, told the court that he was holding brief for another counsel.

Justice Ekwo then asked him if he was a private or government lawyer and Anthony responded that he was a government lawyer.

“You cannot hold brief for a government officer in court,” the judge told him.

Justice Ekwo noted that on November 13, 2024 when the matter was heard, though Anthony appeared in court in company of another lawyer, he did not inform the court that he held a brief of his colleague.

RELATED NEWS

Orok Duke calls for proactive measures to tackle flooding, commends Gov Otu

EXCLUSIVE: Armed Police Officers, Court Bailiffs Storm NEPC Office In Edo, Seize Computers, Generator, Vehicle Over N10Million Debt

Ghana Court Remands Nigerian Accused Of Labone Bank Robbery Plot

Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment Calls for Binding Global Action on Drought and Increased Land Restoration Finance at United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) COP17

“You were in court on 13th of November, 2024 with Mohammed Gajo,” he added.

When the judge asked the lawyer what the ex-parte motion was all about, he added:  “My lord, the motion is seeking a leave for substituted service of the charge and other processes on the 1st to 3rd defendants/respondents.”

He, thereafter, asked the prosecution to put its house in order and adjourned the matter till February 18 for hearing of the motion ex-parte.

You have to go and put your house in order,” he stated.

The IGP filed a two-count charge of fraud against Uba and two others last year.

Other defendants are Crystal Uba and Benjamin Etu.

The IGP alleged that the trio in 2022 conspired with Hajiya Fatima now at large to make a false a presentation to one George Uboh that they had perfected ways for the appointment of the Managing Director of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) to any interested persons who could afford N400 million.

Next Post

Nigerian Government Allocates N4 Billion for Conditional Cash Transfers to Support Vulnerable Households

CNN Implements Major Restructuring with 200 Job Reductions

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.