Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » News » CSO Claims FCT Minister Wike Allocated National Railway Station Land to Private Company, Calls on Tinubu for Action

CSO Claims FCT Minister Wike Allocated National Railway Station Land to Private Company, Calls on Tinubu for Action

January 24, 2025
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read

The Transparency and Accountability Network (TAN), a civil society group, has accused the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, of reallocating a crucial public asset—land designated for the National Railway Station—to a private company, NY New Construction Limited.

The group also called on President Bola Tinubu to intervene and investigate the alleged reallocation.

In a statement released on Thursday, TAN’s National Coordinator, Comrade Michael Briggs, expressed concern over the reallocation of Plot 1398 (A00), located in the Central Area District of the FCT. The plot, spanning 5.50 hectares and originally designated as a public transport utility for the National Railway Station, was approved for Statutory Right of Occupancy to the private company on August 30, 2024.

Briggs emphasized that the plot had been set aside for the development of a National Railway Complex, which would connect the Federal Capital Territory to other regions of the country, improving national railway services. He questioned the transparency and accountability of the decision, calling it a possible mismanagement of public assets.

“The National Railway Station in the Central Area is a vital piece of national infrastructure, designed to serve thousands of commuters daily and connect major cities across the country,” Briggs said. “The recent decision by your favourite Minister of FCT, Barrister Nyesom Wike, to convert this public asset for private use is a matter of grave concern and raises serious questions about transparency, accountability, and the prioritization of public interest.”

Read also: FAAN MD defends N580bn runway upgrade budget, vows to resign if necessary

RELATED NEWS

Orok Duke calls for proactive measures to tackle flooding, commends Gov Otu

EXCLUSIVE: Armed Police Officers, Court Bailiffs Storm NEPC Office In Edo, Seize Computers, Generator, Vehicle Over N10Million Debt

Ghana Court Remands Nigerian Accused Of Labone Bank Robbery Plot

Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment Calls for Binding Global Action on Drought and Increased Land Restoration Finance at United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) COP17

Briggs further criticized the decision as a violation of public trust, asserting that converting the National Railway Station into a private venture undermines its purpose as a public asset held in trust for all citizens. He also pointed to the secrecy surrounding the decision-making process, suggesting potential conflicts of interest and a lack of due process.

“We are still shocked by the hypocrisy of Minister Wike, who on live television accused past FCT Ministers of allocating bus terminals to a private company. Today, this same man is allocating a national railway station to his cronies,” he said.

TAN has called on President Tinubu to immediately halt the reallocation and order a public inquiry into the process. Briggs also claimed the organization has documents supporting its allegations and is ready to present them when requested.

“We know that you have praised this ‘hardworking Minister,’ but we are appealing to you to take immediate action on this national asset and uphold the principles of public trust, transparency, and accountability,” the statement concluded.

 

Next Post

Cyril Dessers Makes History Despite Rangers' Heartbreaking Defeat to Manchester United

Telecom Tariffs to Be Reviewed Periodically, Says Edun

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.