Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » News » Gunmen kill police inspector, 7 others in Adamawa

Gunmen kill police inspector, 7 others in Adamawa

August 19, 2026
in News
Reading Time: 3 mins read

From Billy Abel, Yola

A police inspector and seven civilians were reportedly killed when suspected Boko Haram insurgents attacked Gaya community in Hong Local Government Area of Adamawa State on Monday night.

The attackers also reportedly burnt two houses during the assault, according to the Chairman of Hong Local Government Area, Alhaji Aliyu Sa’ad.

Sa’ad, who confirmed the attack in an exclusive telephone interview with The Sun on Tuesday, said the gunmen invaded the community at night and launched a deadly attack on two houses.

He said: “The attackers came on the night of Monday and launched a bloody attack on two houses, burnt the houses and killed one police officer and seven civilians during the attack.”

The council chairman said security forces had been deployed to the community to track down the attackers and prevent further attacks.

RELATED NEWS

Food Prices: Tinubu Has Run Out Of Ideas, Says ADC

President Barrow Concludes Visit To Gabon

Anti-Gun Territory’s Lawyers Are Getting Humiliated In Court

FG Tackles Lagos Power Constraints With 272MW Transmission Boost

He said personnel of the military, police, hunters and other security agencies were taking part in the search operation.

However, the Adamawa State Police Command gave a lower initial casualty figure, saying five bodies had so far been recovered from the scene.

The command’s spokesperson, SP Suleiman Nguroje, confirmed the attack, saying four civilians and a police inspector were among the bodies recovered after the attackers left the community.

“The report we received from the area is that on Monday night, dead bodies of five people were recovered, four civilians and an inspector of police, after the attackers left.

“We are still waiting for an update, since troops have been deployed with all the security agencies, including vigilante and hunters, to hunt for the attackers,” Nguroje said.

Nguroje said the command would provide further details as soon as more information became available.

“If there is any new development concerning the attack, I will surely contact you for a detailed briefing,” he added.

The conflicting casualty figures could not immediately be independently reconciled as of press time, with the police putting the confirmed number of recovered bodies at five, while the council chairman reported eight deaths.

The latest attack has heightened concerns over the security situation in Hong Local Government Area, which has witnessed repeated attacks linked to insurgency in recent months.

Residents in communities around the area have continued to face threats from suspected insurgents operating in the wider region bordering the Sambisa Forest.

Sa’ad also expressed concern over the delay in the take-off of the proposed military barracks at Garaha, a strategic location near one of the routes reportedly used by insurgents accessing the Sambisa Forest.

He said the commencement of operations at the proposed military facility would strengthen security and improve response to attacks in the area.

Security agencies were said to be intensifying efforts to locate the attackers and restore calm to the affected community.

Hong Local Government Area is also the home of two former Secretaries to the Government of the Federation.

(The Sun)

Next Post

Anti-Gun Territory’s Lawyers Are Getting Humiliated In Court

President Barrow Concludes Visit To Gabon

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.