Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » Economy » Igbo Must Go Campaign: Evict Igbos, Watch Nigeria Burn, Separatist Group Threatens

Igbo Must Go Campaign: Evict Igbos, Watch Nigeria Burn, Separatist Group Threatens

August 6, 2024
in Economy, News, Opinion, Politics, Security
Reading Time: 1 min read
Igbo Must Go Campaign: Evict Igbos, Watch Nigeria Burn,  Separatist Group Threatens

By Magnus Effiong

A Bakassi peninsular-based separatist group, Biafra Nations League (BNL), has said it would rain destructions on Nigeria’s economic assets within the Gulf of Guinea if proponents of the ‘Igbo Must Go’ campaign make real their threat.

BNL Leader, Princewill Chimezie Richards, who made the remarks in Ogoja, northern Cross River State, Tuesday, called on Nigerian political leaders to rein int those calling for the eviction of the Igbos from Lagos and other South West States.

While vowing a harsh reprisal if the threats to evict Igbos is carried out, Richards, whose BNL force occasionally engage Cameroon military at the Bakassi peninsula axis in violent confrontation, advised that “The government of South West will have to settle the Igbos before their eviction or they should be ready to watch a burnt down.”

On the ongoing nationwide hunger protests, the separatist leader accused organisers of the protest of not carrying critical stakeholders in the South East and the South South along while planning the protest.

He said the demands of the protest organisers did not accommodate the interest of the two regions and therefore lauded the people of the two regions for not taking part in the protest.

RELATED NEWS

Osun Election Demonstrates Nigeria’s Democratic Maturity — Otti

War against ‘organised murder’

How APC, Police Persecuted Adeleke Before Osun Poll — Commissioner

Foundation, Abuja church launch free medical outreach, target

Richards posited that the two regions would have been motivated to participate in the protest if the Calabar seaport was revived, noting that the matter was not even included in their demands.

“Igbos are not afraid to leave Lagos. Our people would gladly leave Lagos to a seaport closer to Igboland. The reason Igbos are still building mansion in Lagos is because their goods arrive in Lagos port,” he stated.

Princewill Richards, who had been arrested twice by Nigerian security agencies in 2016 and 2018 respectively over his activities in the peninsular, is insisting on the restoration of the Biafra Republic.

Tags: Biafra Nation LeagueigbosLagos
Next Post

Poor budgetary release, affecting TB care in Cross River - Official

Customs, NUJ collaborate on security, information management

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.