Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » News » Kaduna mob kills 2 travellers mistaken for thieves

Kaduna mob kills 2 travellers mistaken for thieves

July 8, 2026
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read

Two innocent travellers, Muhammadu Sani and his friend, Aliyu Mohammed, both from Umar Village in Igabi Local Government Area of Kaduna State have been attacked and killed by a mob, after they were mistaken for thieves.

A statement by the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, said the victims were travelling on a new motorcycle to Tudun Wada, Zaria to visit their sick uncle when they were mistaken for thieves by a mob.

The statement said though the two men pleaded and explained that they were not criminals, they were allegedly attacked and killed by the mob.

The police said six suspects had been arrested over the killing.

According to the statement, following a report of the incident, operatives from the Birnin Yero Police Division launched an investigation and arrested six suspects linked to the unlawful killing.

The suspects have reportedly confessed to the crime and are currently in police custody, while efforts are ongoing to arrest other individuals involved in the incident.

RELATED NEWS

Orok Duke calls for proactive measures to tackle flooding, commends Gov Otu

EXCLUSIVE: Armed Police Officers, Court Bailiffs Storm NEPC Office In Edo, Seize Computers, Generator, Vehicle Over N10Million Debt

Ghana Court Remands Nigerian Accused Of Labone Bank Robbery Plot

Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment Calls for Binding Global Action on Drought and Increased Land Restoration Finance at United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) COP17

The Kaduna State Commissioner of Police, Rabiu Muhammad, condemned the attack, describing it as unacceptable and warning residents against taking the law into their own hands.

The CP vowed that all those found responsible, regardless of their status, would be arrested and prosecuted according to the law.

He reminded members of the public that no individual has the authority to act as an investigator or judge, stressing that every accused person is presumed innocent until proven guilty by a competent court.

The police urged residents to report suspected criminal activities to security agencies for proper investigation and legal action rather than resorting to jungle justice.



(Ripples)

Next Post

World Cup 2026: Obi Mikel raises questions about Lionel Messi

Farage Resigns to Fight By-Election

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.