Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » Lifestyle » Nigerian Man Fatally Stabbed in Dublin (Video)

Nigerian Man Fatally Stabbed in Dublin (Video)

February 17, 2025
in Lifestyle, News
Reading Time: 5 mins read
Nigerian man stabbed to d3ath in Dublin (video)

A m8rder investigation is underway after a 34-year-old Nigerian man identified as Quam Babatunde, was stabbed to d3ath in Dublin, Ireland.

 

The incident happened in Dublin city centre on South Anne Street around 3am on Saturday, February 15, 2025.

 

Minister for Justice, Jim O’Callaghan, who confirmed the nationality of the victim, said that violence on the streets of Dublin is “not acceptable”.

 

RELATED NEWS

After Stability, Nigeria Must Build An Economy Worth The Sacrifice

Osun election: Oyebamiji concedes defeat, calls for calm – The Sun Nigeria

22-year-old lady dies inside her boyfriend’s room

Turn Savings Into Assets, Not Consumption, Experts Tell Youths

Speaking on This Week with Justin McCarthy on RTÉ, O’Callaghan said that he didn’t want to go into detail on the man as he has not been publicly identified.

 

“I’m sure efforts are being made to try to inform his family of the catastrophic consequences that happened to him in the early hours of Saturday morning,” he said. 

 

The victim, said to be an asylum seeker, is understood to have been socialising earlier at a concert before the incident.

 

Gardaí were called to the incident in South Anne Street / Duke Lane Upper just after 3am on Saturday morning. A man was found there with serious injuries and unresponsive. 

 

He was treated at the scene by emergency services personnel and transferred to hospital where he was pronounced deceased a short time later.

 

The stabbing was in the midst of a large scale public order incident that is understood to have taken place between two groups of people who had been out socialising at a venue before violence spilled out onto the street. 

 

Gardaí are examining CCTV footage and social media videos.

 

A second man is currently in the hospital being treated for non-life threatening injuries. 

 

Purported footage of the incident has been widespread on social media. One video, which has been shared widely, shows a large group of people present on the street. One man is visibly armed with a knife.

 

When asked if he had seen the video in question, O’Callaghan confirmed that he had. 

 

“It is shocking footage, and the individual carrying the knife and the other individuals there with him, involved in the violence, need to know that An Garda Síochána are making very good progress in terms of identifying them,” the Justice Minister said.

 

“I also want to put out a message that carrying knives and acts of violence on the street are not acceptable in Ireland, and nor will they ever be acceptable.”

 

He also added that gardaí need better technology, including facial recognition, to be able to carry out their work more effectively.

 

“You will know from the videos that we see in respect of the instant yesterday that the gardaí will have to track these individuals down based on CCTV.

 

“Facial recognition technology would be of great assistance to the gardaí and would speed up the process of investigation, and that’s why I’m hoping the opposition parties will support that legislation when I bring it into the Dáil.”

 

Nigerian man stabbed to d3ath in Dublin (video)
Nigerian man stabbed to d3ath in Dublin (video)
Nigerian man stabbed to d3ath in Dublin (video)

 

 

 

1 killed and 1 seriously wounded after a stabbing attack in Dublin, Ireland.

The attack took place in the early hours of this morning as bars were kicking out in the city centre.

#Stabbings #KnifeCrime pic.twitter.com/eZ6jJW1Leb

— LeanneSpurs (@LeanneSpurs) February 16, 2025

 

Next Post

TruSkin Vitamin C Serum: Enjoy a 56% Discount Now!

Man Suspected of Killing Brother in Anambra Dispute Arrested

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.