Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » News » Osun govt kicks as police confirm raid on SSG’s house; cash, voters’ register, PVCs, discovered

Osun govt kicks as police confirm raid on SSG’s house; cash, voters’ register, PVCs, discovered

July 30, 2026
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read

The OSUN State government has kicked against what it said was an illegal raid on the house of the Secretary to the State Government, Hon. Teslim Igbalaye, even as the State Police Command confirmed the development.

The police in Osun State confirmed on Wednesday that Igbalaye, and five others had been arrested, and N4.81 million, Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs), and a voter register recovered during a raid at his residence.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Abiodun Ojelabi, confirmed in a statement, that the operation, carried out by its operatives on credible intelligence, was primarily aimed at apprehending a suspected gang leader, Abiodun Arowomole, popularly known as “Ashipa,” who was said to be on the police watch-list for alleged murder.

He said officers stormed the property in the Oroki Estate area of Osogbo, where Arowomole was found.

Ojelabi said exhibits recovered during the operation included N4,810,500 in cash, a Dynabook laptop, a photocopy machine, a printer, two PVCs and a voter register covering Wards 1 to 15.

The exhibits, according to the Command, have been taken into police custody for forensic examination and further investigation.

RELATED NEWS

Orok Duke calls for proactive measures to tackle flooding, commends Gov Otu

EXCLUSIVE: Armed Police Officers, Court Bailiffs Storm NEPC Office In Edo, Seize Computers, Generator, Vehicle Over N10Million Debt

Ghana Court Remands Nigerian Accused Of Labone Bank Robbery Plot

Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment Calls for Binding Global Action on Drought and Increased Land Restoration Finance at United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) COP17

Those arrested during the operation were identified as Hon. Igbalaye Teslim (SSG), 47; Akande Taiwo, 60; Oladele Abiodun, 38; Adeyemo Lukman, 45; Olaoye Muftau, 50; and Aderemi Musliu, 40.

The police said the suspects were found on the premises during the operation and had been taken into lawful custody.

The Command said the recovery of the cash and the voter register had raised concerns over possible electoral offences and other criminal activities.

It noted that ongoing investigations would determine whether offences including voter bribery contrary to Section 121 of the Electoral Act, 2022, criminal conspiracy, harbouring a wanted criminal and other offences had been committed.

The Command added that it would investigate the source and intended use of the recovered cash and identify all persons connected with the exhibits.

Reacting, Osun State Government, through the Commissioner for Information, Kolapo Alimi, berated the police for raiding the house of the SSG, calling it illegal.

He said, “At the time the SSG house was invaded, his ward officials were holding a meeting within the compound, while the SSG himself was attending the stakeholders’ forum organised by the National Electoral Commission.

“The police raided the residence of the Commissioner for Energy at Ikire yesterday, ransacking the building and destroying several properties.

“We again call the attention of our traditional rulers, the Nigeria Police Service, the Inspector General of Police, the National Security Adviser, and President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to this escalation of targeted violence against top government officials and Accord members in Osun State. This must be stopped before it escalates into a general breakdown of law and order.”



(Ripples)

Next Post

Transfer: Three players to leave Chelsea as Lacroix arrives

Just In: Court of Appeal acquits and discharges Sedina Tamakloe Attionu

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.