Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » Metro » Turkey Arrests Nine in Connection with Fatal Ski Resort Fire That Claimed 76 Lives

Turkey Arrests Nine in Connection with Fatal Ski Resort Fire That Claimed 76 Lives

January 22, 2025
in Metro, News
Reading Time: 1 min read

Turkish security agents have detained nine people in connection with a deadly fire that killed 76 people and injured dozens at a ski resort in the western part of the country.

Interior Minister Ali Yerlikaya who disclosed this early Wednesday, said the owner of the hotel has also been detained.

Yerlikaya also revealed that the bodies of 45 victims had been handed over to their families, while DNA tests were being conducted to identify the remaining bodies at the forensic institute.

The fire occurred at the Grand Kartal Hotel in the Kartalkaya ski resort in the Bolu Mountains.

The hotel where the fire broke out expressed deep sorrow in a statement on Wednesday and pledged full cooperation with the investigation.

“We are cooperating with authorities to shed light on all aspects of this incident,” the statement read.

RELATED NEWS

FEATURE: Abuja Metro Saves Commuters Money, But Crowding Raises Health Concern

Environmental Considerations Alone Must Not Stall South Africa’s Exploration and Job Creation Ambition

Meta Appears To Steer ‘Ceuta’ Searches To Warning Statement, Resources For Moving To ‘New Country’

Tinubu’s advice to governors on needless projects

“We are deeply saddened by the losses and want you to know that we share this pain with all our hearts.”

The 12-storey hotel which had 238 registered guests was consumed by flames after the fire started on the restaurant floor around 3:30 a.m. (0030 GMT).

Survivors described scenes of panic as they fled through smoke-filled corridors and jumped from windows to escape.

Authorities are facing growing criticism over the hotel’s safety measures, as survivors reported that no fire alarms went off during the incident.

Guests said they had to navigate the smoke-filled corridors in complete darkness.

Next Post

Woman Arrested for Assaulting 13-Year-Old Housekeeper in Imo

EFCC Instructs Zonal Commands to Audit Exhibits After Theft of Over $400,000 and Jewelry from Lagos and Kaduna Offices – Sources

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.