Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » News » Video: Pentagon cuts $5.1 billion in ‘wasteful spending’ in new wave of DOGE cuts

Video: Pentagon cuts $5.1 billion in ‘wasteful spending’ in new wave of DOGE cuts

April 14, 2025
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read

Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth announced on Thursday that the Pentagon is cutting $5.1 billion in Department of Defense contracts as part of the next wave of “wasteful spending” identified by the Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE).

On Thursday, the Department of Defense announced that Hegseth had signed a memorandum directing the “termination” of $5.1 billion in “wasteful Defense Department contracts.”

“That’s with a ‘B’—$5.1 billion in DOD contracts for ancillary things like consulting and other nonessential services,” Hegseth said in a video message on Thursday.

Hegseth explained that the Pentagon’s new cuts include $1.8 billion in consulting contracts previously awarded by the Defense Health Agency to Accenture, Booz Allen, Deloitte, and other private firms. The cuts also include a $1.4 billion contract for cloud information technology services that was awarded to a software reseller and a $500 million U.S. Navy contract for business process consulting.

“We need this money to spend on better health care for our warfighters and their families, instead of $500 an hour business process consultant,” Hegseth said. “That’s a lot of consulting.”  

READ MORE: Video: Pentagon cuts $580 million in ‘wasteful spending’

RELATED NEWS

EXCLUSIVE: Armed Police Officers, Court Bailiffs Storm NEPC Office In Edo, Seize Computers, Generator, Vehicle Over N10Million Debt

Ghana Court Remands Nigerian Accused Of Labone Bank Robbery Plot

Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment Calls for Binding Global Action on Drought and Increased Land Restoration Finance at United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) COP17

There’s Not A Single Bill In Congress To Outlaw Flock-Type Spying

In the video message, Hegseth announced that the Pentagon is terminating a $500 million Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency contract for “IT help desk services that are completely duplicative services” provided by the Department of Defense’s Defense Information Systems Agency.

Additionally, Hegseth said the Department of Defense found 11 more diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) contracts, including the Pentagon’s COVID-19 response, climate change initiatives, and “nonessential activities,” that will be terminated.

“We are committed to rooting out DEI — root and branch — throughout this department,” Hegseth said. “And we found 11 more contracts, and we’re going to keep looking.” 

Later in Thursday’s video, Hegseth added, “So if you’re keeping score at home, today’s cuts bring our running total to nearly $6 billion in wasteful spending over the first six weeks of the DOD-DOGE effort here at the Defense Department.”

Hegseth emphasized that DOGE’s “job” at the Department of Defense is to identify the “stuff” that the Pentagon can eliminate to better use the American taxpayers’ money for “war-fighting capabilities.”

The defense secretary concluded his video, saying, “We’re excited to make these cuts on behalf of you, the taxpayer, and the warfighters here at the department.”

New @DOGE findings, this time it’s $5.1 billion. pic.twitter.com/vHRnDHZSUS

— Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth (@SecDef) April 10, 2025

© American Military News

Tags: World
Next Post

Gospel singer Mirobed David drops soul-lifting anthem “YOU REIGN”

'After 30' Starring Damilola Adegbite, Beverly Naya & More Premieres at NollywoodWeek Paris | Watch the Trailer

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.