Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
PRICING
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
    • Business
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Science & Nature
    • Tourism
  • Trends
No Result
View All Result
Converseer
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Jobs
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health
  • News
  • Trends

Home » News » Six ISWAP Fighters Surrender In Borno

Six ISWAP Fighters Surrender In Borno

July 9, 2026
in News
Reading Time: 3 mins read

[mc4wp_form id=33047]

Six suspected fighters of the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) have surrendered to troops of Operation Hadin Kai in Borno State, as the military recorded fresh gains in its ongoing counter-insurgency operations across the North-East.

The Acting Military Information Officer, Headquarters North-East Joint Task Force, Operation Hadin Kai, Lt. Col. Mohammed Goni, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday.

According to him, the six suspects surrendered alongside their family members to troops of the 192 Battalion in Gwoza Local Government Area after fleeing terrorist enclaves in Guduf Bubayagwa and Chikide in the Mandara Mountains.

Items recovered from the group included N1.54 million in cash, two Tecno mobile phones and other personal belongings.

RELATED NEWS

Pregnant Wife Accuses Nigerian Soldiers Of Killing Plateau Youth Leader, Dumping Corpse In Hospital After Labelling Him Bandit

Tinubu’s Investor Incentives Drove N250bn Bond Success, Says BOI

Mercy Ships Returns to Ghana With Its Largest Hospital Ship

Federal, State Authorities Deny Resurfaced Claim That They Are Tracking Cash Drivers Are Carrying On The Road

Goni said the surrender formed part of a series of operational successes recorded by troops through intelligence-led operations, search-and-rescue missions and sustained offensives against terrorist groups.

In Askira/Uba Local Government Area, troops of the 115 Task Force Battalion rescued two abducted victims from a terrorist hideout during a search-and-rescue operation conducted on July 7.

The operation also led to the recovery of N1.2 million suspected to be proceeds of criminal activities, as well as food supplies and other logistics allegedly used to support terrorist operations.

The rescued victims have since been evacuated to a secure location where they are receiving medical treatment and psychosocial support.

In another operation, troops arrested a suspected Boko Haram/ISWAP logistics supplier at the Molai checkpoint while transporting large quantities of medical supplies without the necessary clearance.

The military also reported that troops stationed at the Forward Operating Base in Logomani, Ngala Local Government Area, repelled a coordinated attack by suspected ISWAP fighters.

Although the insurgents briefly breached part of the base’s defensive perimeter, troops regrouped and launched a counter-offensive that forced the attackers to retreat after suffering heavy casualties.

The military, however, confirmed that one soldier was killed during the encounter, while two gun trucks and some combat equipment were damaged.

Goni said reinforcements had been deployed to the base, while exploitation operations were ongoing to prevent further attacks.

In Adamawa State, troops of the 232 Battalion arrested a suspected criminal in Gombi Local Government Area based on credible intelligence, recovering an AK-47 rifle, two magazines and 28 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition.

Similarly, troops of the 149 Battalion arrested two suspected terrorist logistics suppliers in Mobbar Local Government Area of Borno State.

Recovered items included cash, a Volkswagen Golf vehicle, construction materials, household items and other supplies believed to be intended for terrorist groups.

In another clearance operation around Wulgo, troops of the 24 Task Force Brigade, working with members of the Civilian Joint Task Force, recovered a sack containing assorted illicit drugs abandoned by fleeing insurgents.

Meanwhile, troops of the 233 Tank Battalion, alongside local hunters, intercepted another suspected logistics supplier in Tarmuwa Local Government Area of Yobe State and recovered five motorcycle tyres allegedly meant for terrorist elements.

The military said the latest operations demonstrate the effectiveness of sustained offensives and intelligence-driven missions in disrupting terrorist activities and dismantling their supply networks across the North-East.

Operation Hadin Kai also warned individuals providing food, fuel, medical supplies, construction materials or other forms of support to terrorist groups to desist, stressing that anyone found aiding insurgents would be arrested and prosecuted in accordance with the law.

(The Whistler)

Next Post

World Cup 2026: They are compact - Obi Mikel warns Argentina about Switzerland

The Rise of Utility-Driven Crypto: How Africa Is Redefining What Digital Assets Are For

Topics

  • Latest News
  • Nigeria
  • Africa
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Americas
  • United States

Social Media

  • WhatsApp
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Special Topics

  • Column
  • Bassey Otu
  • Bola Tinubu
  • Special Reports
  • Profile & Biography
  • Opinion
  • Latest News
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.

No Result
View All Result
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • Write For Us

© 2026 Converseer.